Delta Tenoning Jig 34-183 Question

I think I may be missisng something here....
I got a Delta tenoning Jig at an auction with the manual. The jig is designed to ride in the left mitre slot. I have a Delta Left Tilt saw and my Miter slot is further away from the blade and the jig will not adjust close enough to the blade to be used. Is there a model for the Left tilt saw? Anyone have this jig on a Left tilt saw??
Oopss....dags "tenoning jig left tilt saw"
sorry about that

The 183 should fit both left and right. Are you SURE it's a 183?
Rick Cox wrote:

read this: http://www.deltawoodworking.com/index.asp?e 0&p0298
Rick Cox wrote:

oops. that's for the 184.
David wrote:

for the 183, open up the pdf file listed on this link
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Rick Cox wrote:

Rick Cox wrote:

For a left tilt saw you should be able to move the location of the miter bar attached to the base of the jig.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

You might also try pinging LRod about this - I believe he knows something about the differences.
jim bailey

The miter bar should be moveable to compensate for Right or Left tilt saws. There should be an extra set of mounting holes that correspond to correct setup for left tilt machines, as the jig comes pre-setup for right tilt machines
John

John wrote:

I have one on a PM66. You indeed move the miter bar.     j4
Well I got home and found out that it is acutally a 34-182. There were not any additonal mounting holes.....the manual for this jig is dated 1992. I tried to drill new holes for the miter, but the heads of the screws hit the webbing on the underside of the top plate.
Looks like I need a newer version....anyone in columbus with a right tilt saw??
Have a good evening.
Rick