Delta Table Saw

Question that I feel sure was asked before. I have a 36-979 10" left tilt t able saw that I bought in March 2013. Has any one (or is there an accessory ) found a way to close the rear off around the motor and belt. to reduce sa wdust from blowing out. I do have a dust collector (4" hose) hooked to the bottom of the saw.

Reply to
Tom

Tom, do you have shut off valves to your other pieces of equipment so that you saw can get maximum draw when running?

I think the back of your saw is a lot like the old craftsmen contractors saw. Just cutting a piece of sheet metal or thin plywood to attach to the frame opening, minus the space that the belt takes up with you crank the saw to a full 45 degree angle, should do it for you. It will sure stop what the blade inherently throws out through the opening. And with the saw getting the full effect of your dust extractor I wouldn't be surprised if it took full care of your problem. You need some fresh air coming into your sawdust collection area, to keep full flow and carry everything away, back to your collectors, and the space needed for your belt to operate should really help that and not be a detriment.

Reply to
OFWW

t table saw that I bought in March 2013. Has any one (or is there an access ory) found a way to close the rear off around the motor and belt. to reduce sawdust from blowing out. I do have a dust collector (4" hose) hooked to t he bottom of the saw.

Yes I do, I have gate valves on everything. I was thinking something on the back, but its the 45 degree tilt that was giving me a fit. However I agree with you that I don't want to close it off completely. I hadn't even given that a thought. I think this problem gust got a little easer. Thank You fo r your input.

Tom

Reply to
tomf8074

I just block off the back of my contractor saw with light ply, I use rare earth mags, and two nails as pins to keep it from sliding. I have to take it off for any tilt of the arbor.

Mine is two pieces so it covers above the motor support and below.

Reply to
woodchucker

I was about to suggest that he find some sheet rubber/neoprene in an appropriate size and with appropriate frame (possibly aluminum angle) he should be able to seal it pretty well with exception of the pass through of the belt. With enough slack added it, it should accommodate full tilt and full range of height without needing to be readjusted or removed.

Just a quick search showed me that he can probably find a suitable thickness and sized sheet for under $25

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused