Delta spindle sander

I have this Delta spindle sander that I got secondhand without a manual. I figured out what the allen key was for after discovering the small rubber dust cover underneath the unit, so I know how to lock the spindle so the drums can be changed. But the 3" drum is a bear to get off the shaft as the rubber tends to distort and lock on when any pressure is applied. Has anyone developed a good technique for this operation?
You can get the manual on line from PC. cut and paste the following: http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?eT7&p '96 You should have (or need to get) the edge guide for hand held use and buy or make a plate for a router table so you can use it as a table top sander. They are expensive (new) compared to a Delta Boss table sander but in the long run I think it's lot more utiltarian. Robert Smith
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

the
the
get