Delta spindle sander

I have this Delta spindle sander that I got secondhand without a manual. I figured out what the allen key was for after discovering the small rubber dust cover underneath the unit, so I know how to lock the spindle so the drums can be changed. But the 3" drum is a bear to get off the shaft as the rubber tends to distort and lock on when any pressure is applied. Has anyone developed a good technique for this operation?

Reply to
edswoods.1

Knotbob