Delta Sold!

Page 1 of 3
Evening all,
All I heard from various people in the ww'ing business today was, "Guess who Pentair sold Delta too?".
To the first person, I jokingly replied, "Ryobi", who responded with, "Ah, you heard". Holy crap, no I didn't hear, are you serious?
Sigh... Another tool company bites the dust.
Buy your Delta tools now, before they get totally flushed down the drain....
Thanks,
David.
sigh...
UA100
Double sigh
I paid for one yesterday - take delivery tomorrow, based a lot on the excellent LONG term support spoken of in this forum. Bastids.
I can only hope....

"David F. Eisan" writes:

who
<snip>
Holy F**K, another one bites the dust! ! !
--
Lew

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start buying stock in whatever corp owns Jet now. :-( Mark L.
David F. Eisan wrote:

I'm glad to already have all the Delta I need.
I hope I don't need any parts...
Barry

drain....
May be not a bad thing... Skil and Bosch are affiliated.
BD and DW

: Evening all,
: All I heard from various people in the ww'ing business today was, "Guess who : Pentair sold Delta too?".
: To the first person, I jokingly replied, "Ryobi", who responded with, "Ah, : you heard". Holy crap, no I didn't hear, are you serious?
: Sigh... Another tool company bites the dust.
Did Ryobi buy them, or did the parent company that owns Ryobi buy it? I think they also own one of the higher-end European tool companies.
Just remember, Black and Decker owns DeWalt and Elu. And Skil owns Bosch.
    -- Andy Barss

IIRC, Skil and Bosch are owned by another company and neither owns the other.

According to the Skil web site "Skil Power Tools are products of the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation".
todd
<<IIRC, Skil and Bosch are owned by another company and neither owns the other.>>
Robert Bosch Tool Company owns Bosch, Skil, Dremel, Vermont American, and RotoZip.
Lee

Too complicated for me. I'm going to take Ralph's advice. From now on, it is Craftsman all the way! Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Andrew Barss wrote:

What ever gave you _that_ idea? Emerson's sales in a good year are a third those of Bosch, and Skil was a small division of Emerson. The 1998 Emerson annual report states clearly that Emerson's interest in Skil was sold to Bosch.

--
--John
Nothin I could see about that on Pentair Yahoo business section or Pentair website. Their tool segement (Delta,Porter Cable, Biesmeyer etc) accounts for 40% of thier sales, stock has been doin good and 2:1 split just announced

who
drain....
snipped-for-privacy@rogers.splinter.com says...

Watch out for Eisan, guys, he thinks it's April Fool's 24/7. . . . ;~)
Kim
David.
OK, I admit it. I checked the date before I responded but even if I turn the calendar upside down it's still not April 1st...
Ryobi huh? Wow....
Rob
I bought a lightly used 3000 psi 4 gpm 11 HP pressure washer the other day. My neighbours gathered round to watch me blast the moss off the gutters....they left shaking their (moss covered) heads. Wonder what would happen should you and I ever end up on the same street <g>!
--

http://www.robswoodworking.com

"David F. Eisan" < snipped-for-privacy@rogers.splinter.com> wrote in message
Rob Stokes responds:

The buzz in da bidness has been that Ryobi's parent company was looking to buy the Delta/PC business that Pentair wanted to peel off, because, evidently, it has not been meeting their business growth expectations. Profit growth, that is.
I've been favorably impressed with some of the tools Ryobi is making for Ridgid/Home Depot, so there's a strong possibility this union, if David's report is correct, will benefit the consumer---maybe they'll return to the days of yore and ship the Unisaw with a heavy steel strap on the motor to eliminate trunnion breakage!

for Ridgid/Home Depot,<<<<
I was quite impressed with the Craftsman 315.228390 table saw (made by Ryobi) complete with cast iron router table extension and dolly's, particularly considering the price. I purchased the thing "tongue in cheek" thinking that if I don't like it I'll hold them to their "satisfaction guaranteed" warranty and give it back. I still have not made any saw dust with it yet but will say that after assembling it and comparing it with other saws costing as much as 400.00 more than the 365.00 (I got a retiree discount) that I paid that it was a real bargain. The only thing that really disappointed me was the plastic hand wheels which I replaced with cast aluminum for less than 20.00 and the fact that the extension table was drilled only for Craftsman and Ryobi routers. I'll probably have it drilled for my 1601 also. I also have a Ryobi AP10 planer that's still going strong after aprox 20 years and a 12v Ryobi drill that's probably 12 years old in which one battery has given up the ship. I purchased a 18v Roybi drill (don't like the features as well as the old 12v) about a year ago so won't brag on it yet. RM~
PS, All Craftsman tools beginning with 315. are made by Ryobi. PS to the PS, I'm going to get a link belt for it also.

the
It too have had one of the first AP-10 Planers but have only had it since 1988. It is a good machine but that was then and now is now. Ryobi does not build em like they usta. IMHO the quality has dropped significantly.