Delta ShopMaster Downdraft Table opinion wanted

Amazon has it 139.99 with a 15 dollar mailin rebate & free shipping. Those of you who have it, -- how do you like it or is it worthless? Thanks for your opinion/s.

Reply to
Dave

Frankly, if you already have a DC, you can build one for a whole lot less

John

Reply to
John

While you can probably build it cheaper, here are the positives about it:

1) Fairly even dust collection from the entire surface area - they are using some sort of baffle to distribute the suction. 2) Non-marring rubberized top - helps hold the work piece without marking the work surface 3) Comes with a couple of small clip on work supports to help hold your work piece in place so it doesn't slide with the sanding process. 4) pretty light so you can move it around easily and store it upright in some corner of your shop.

I am happy with it so far - I've only had it a couple of days though. The price is right, and in all honesty, dust collection is a problem in my shop, so every little inexpensive thing I can do - helps.

Brian

Reply to
Brian L