Delta Saw Miter Slot

Hi all.... has anyone looked for and found an aluminum extrusion that matches delta's miter gage slot? The standard U-Channel type does not allow for that little wheel that Delta wisely puts on their miter gage. I'd like to use some for my new run-off table i'm building for my new Delta 36-655 saw. It's a thing of beauty and i'd prefer to sure extrusion vs. just routing the slots.
I've tried the obvious...Rockler, Lee Valley, WoodCraft, even Delta and Freud (who by the way use an extruded slot of this kind in their router table top.)
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanx
Ken in Canada (eh!)
While those u-channel slots may look nice in your extension table, they will have to ALWAYS BE PERFECTLY aligned with you TS slots or you will be asking for trouble. Once the miter gauge passes the blade there is no reason for the guide bar to continue a perfect path.
My advice is to route the slots wider than the slots in the TS table and don't worry about the miter gauge having to accurately engage the outfeed table slots.

My thought is that you don't need them. I just routed a clearance slot on my table and made it plenty wide wo if the table gets bumped, it will still be aligned close enough. Ed

But you haven't tried House Of Tools yet. Check out
http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid 621
You can get it in different lengths. It's quite sturdy and has pre-drilled and countersunk screw holes. Just ignore the instructions which suggest that you dado or route a slot and "drip it into place". The extrusion doesn't seem to hold it's form once it reaches melting point.
thats perfect thanx
ken

You need 3/8 x 3/4 TSlot channel
John
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:15:09 -0500, "Ken in Canada"