Delta Sander

I am in the market for a new disc sander that the Delta 31-120 sander looks pretty good but the Amazon reviews are spotty. Does anyone have any experience with this sander?

pierce

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

I looked at that sander a few years ago and passed. The Jet 708433 was more money but a much better machine. Note: Delta 82lbs Jet 104lbs - More cast iron and a larger table with two slots.

Dave

Teamcasa

Pay particular attention to how strong the table is and how well it will hold its settings. I would not buy one with out putting my hands on one first.

Reply to
Leon

Not what you asked for... But...

A little more than a year ago, I was making a similar decision for a 12" disc sander. I elected to spend more for the Jet version. Yes, it's about $120 more than the Delta, but the table is about 50% larger, comes with a couple added accessories as well as weighs almost 30 lbs more. It also has a 4" dust collection hose fitting and internal dust fan. (My Jet came from Amazon, which says it does not come with a sanding disc in the description, but mine did - 80 grit as I recall.)

Never thought I'd be writing this, but an added selling point for me was that the Jet is made in Taiwan while the Delta is made in China.

I've sanded wood, bone, steel, cast iron, and alabaster - I'm very pleased with it and feel the additional $120 was well spent. It's a tank.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC