Delta's new industrial cabinet saw at Rockler

Delta has a new Industrial cabinet saw out. Rockler has it in their ad for $899 with a $50 gift card which is a really good.

I looked at the manual and it appears to be a real cabinet saw and not a contractor saw with a skirt. The styling is very much like the older Unisaws before they changed the motor cover to plastic. The basic model does have a new fence design. A Biesmeyer or Unifence is an option for more money.

This looks like a real winner for the price. Rockler's promotion blows away Jet on price. I'm sure it is made in Taiwan or China like Jet and everyone else.

I would probably buy this over a Unisaw if I didn't already have a Unisaw. I like to buy American, but I also like the extra $600 in my pocket.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Brikp

I couldn't find the promo at rockler.com. I saw the promo in a flyer I got in the mail.

Model # is 36-730 I believe. The flyer is at home.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

You mean this saw ???

's a contractor saw in wolf's clothing...

They tried this saw a few years back and it didn't fly then. It probably will not this time either.

Brian Elfert wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

"Pat Barber"

If you pull the parts list off the Delta website, it seems to actually be a Unisaw, basically. Looks also like, for example, the blade insert is not a standard form. Probably other non-standard things as well that may prevent one from easily fitting accessories - so that's what I'd be looking at if I didn't already have a saw. Delta has to protect their higher end. Seems like a fine deal if you know what you are buying.

Doesn't really seem like you are getting a great value, though, when you consider what you get dollar for dollar with the full Unisaw packages that are out there - also often on sale.

- Nate

Reply to
Nate

Yes, that is it. My read of the owner's manual is that it is a real cabinet saw. The manual says there are four bolts to loosen to the table if the blade isn't square. To me that means the trunnion is attached the cabinet like a real cabinet saw. I looked at the parts diagram but couldn't tell if it is a cabinet saw or not.

They also have a less expensive model that Delta calls a hybrid contractor saw that really is a contractor saw with a cabinet.

Jet and Grizzly have Chiwainese saws in this price range, so why couldn't Delta sell a real cabinet saw from Chiwain for this price? The regular price is $1150.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

I doubt you'll find a Unisaw anywhere close to the price of this Industrial cabinet saw. Rockler is selling it for $899 plus a $50 gift card and a bunch of other stuff. I've never seen a Unisaw even within $300 of this price, and usually more like $600. I assume this is made in China/Taiwan, but I haven't called Delta.

Some of the parts do look just like my Unisaw parts.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Actually this is a honest to goodness cabinet saw and if you pop the top the first thing you'll notice is the interior gee-gaw are 100% based on the Unisaw with the exception of two items. The arbor is removable and the motor bracket takes a non-OEM motor. It's about time Delta offered this on a "saw within reason". What's it been, 56ish years?

Anyway, just look at the es'ploded parts drawing if you have anything else you wanted to wonder about.

Unisaw A100

Ya know... at about $2/pound, it's hard to see where ya could go wrong with this thing...

Got me thinking.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

I stand corrected... I thought this was the EL-Cheapo I saw at the IWF. I ain't never seen this one.

It sure isn't getting much press time in the trade rags.

Maybe this is the "silver bullet" everybody has been want> You mean this saw ???

Pat Barber

had a look at the standard fence that comes with this- the T-fence? How does it compare to the Bies?

David

Reply to
David E. Penner

with the word industrial attached that makes it questionable. anymore you see industrial or professional it usually means it's not all that great (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight