Delta's new 10" Band saw

I have got something to ask someone about Delta's new

10" Band saw(#BS150LS). The web of Delta says the maximum blade width can be mounted is 1/2", on the other hand the manual of BS150LS says the maximum blade width is 3/8". Which is correct?

Thanks in advance,

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

I don't know which they claim. In my experience mounting a half inch blade on such a small saw would prove difficult. With the larger blades getting and keeping tension on the blade is a concern, as there is usually some amount of flex in the frame of the saw. I have a 14" Grizzly bandsaw and find it has a hardtime handling the 1/2" blade properly.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Andrew

Reply to
Tattooed and Dusty

I've got a 3/8" blade in my delta 9" bandsaw, and that's as big as it will reasonably accept. I don't know how much bigger the 10" model is, but I would imagine a 1/2" would be really pushing it. Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

Does the tensioner have a scale? If it goes up to (or preferably beyond) 1/2", that would be a clue. Did you check the Delta web site?

Reply to
Hax Planx

I have used all sizes of blades in my Delta 36-295 BS. I prefer a 1/4" or a 3/16" low tension with a Cater guide bearing.

-- Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

  • * * Build a DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03

  • * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
  • * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
  • * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
  • * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
  • * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03
Reply to
Joe "Woody" Woodpecker