Delta's new 10" Band saw

I have got something to ask someone about Delta's new 10" Band saw(#BS150LS). The web of Delta says the maximum blade width can be mounted is 1/2", on the other hand the manual of BS150LS says the maximum blade width is 3/8". Which is correct?
Thanks in advance,
Mickey
I don't know which they claim. In my experience mounting a half inch blade on such a small saw would prove difficult. With the larger blades getting and keeping tension on the blade is a concern, as there is usually some amount of flex in the frame of the saw. I have a 14" Grizzly bandsaw and find it has a hardtime handling the 1/2" blade properly.
Hope that helps somewhat.
Andrew

I've got a 3/8" blade in my delta 9" bandsaw, and that's as big as it will reasonably accept. I don't know how much bigger the 10" model is, but I would imagine a 1/2" would be really pushing it. Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Mickey says...

Does the tensioner have a scale? If it goes up to (or preferably beyond) 1/2", that would be a clue. Did you check the Delta web site?
I have used all sizes of blades in my Delta 36-295 BS. I prefer a 1/4" or a 3/16" low tension with a Cater guide bearing.
-- Woody
Check out my Web Page at:
http://community-1.webtv.net/WoodworkerJoe/WoodworkerJoesInfo
Where you will find:
******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03
* * * Build a $20 DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03 * * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03 * * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03 * * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03 * * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03 * * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03 * * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03 * * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03