Delta's 14" band saw 28-206

I am looking to Delta's 14" band saw which has a catalog number of 28-206. I think it is not US-made one. I want to know what is difference comapared with US-made ones, in short, whether or not it is poor in performance.

Thanks in advance, Mickey

Reply to
Micky

I post about the same question a couple weeks ago..

do a google search in group with "Delat 28-206 14" bandsaw?" and expend the tree....

you should get here:

this will help.

Reply to
Mike

The 28-206 is made in China. The 28-203 was Delta's basic, and only, wood cutting 14" bandsaw until the past year or so ... made in USA, with some of the forging done in Mexico for a while and sold in different packages, with stand, without stand, limited edition, motor size (3/4 and 1 HP mostly), and various model numbers designating package.

Reviews are mixed on Delta's new bandsaws and the model numbers have turned into alphanumeric confusion. I'd buy used (anything starting with the basic

28-203) before I'd buy new ... just my .02
Reply to
Swingman