Delta Removeable Splitter on Left Tilt

I have the inexpensive ($35) Delta splitter part number 1349941, which I am moving from my contractor saw to left tilt Unisaw. I followed the instructions at: http://www.sawcenter.com/splitter.htm for installing on a left tilt. I noticed that when mounted on a left tilt it is now only the spring tension which keeps it from leaning over away from the fence. Priviously, the top bolt kept it from leaning away from the fence and it was much more rigid.
Any one else noticed this?
-- Mark

Is there not a stud on yours which slips into a slot on the arbor? There is on my 4 yr old LT Uni, with the same splitter type.
Patriarch

Even the instructions that came with mine were a bit muddled.
When properly assembled, the mount will be exactly reversed from figure 19 in your reference. The nut, spring and square "washer" will all be on the right side.
You then need to also reverse the shouldered stud in the splitter it self. The flat head and shoulder should be on the left side of the splitter.
The splitter is then installed on the right side of the mount with the split tang of the splitter captured between the square washer and the fixed mount.
See the following snapshots.
http://tinyurl.com/m6tl7
http://tinyurl.com/lsvzj
Wes
Thanks! The pictures were perfect. I embarassed to say I didn't flip all of the parts correctly.
It now works fine.
Thanks again, -- Mark

|Thanks! The pictures were perfect. I embarassed to say I didn't flip all |of the parts correctly. | |It now works fine.
Great. Taking the photos gave me an excuse to go into the shop. Sorry I didn't blow the dust off, but I can't bend over without extreme pain, literally in the butt. I blew out a couple of discs in my back about three months ago and everything has stopped.
TV watching and beer drinking is about it. Not that is necessarily bad, but I've got projects to do. [g]
Keep track of your fingers.
Wes