Delta price for saw and right vs. left

As most of you know woodworkers warehouse is going,.. going and soon to be gone. I have been wanting the Delta 36-R31X-BC50. They have only 2 left and they are right tilt only. This is my first big saw and I'm not sure about it. The price is down to $931.00 but it does not include rails and a fence. Is this a good deal? Should I worry about the right vs left? I am right handed but I notice I tend to cut on either side on my saw now. Any input would be great! Thanks!

Reply to
freefalling

The right tilt is fine no matter what anyone tells you. There are pros and cons to left vs. right (DAGS and you'll see plenty), but you can do the same work on either saw, you just have to take a slightly different approach for certain cuts depending on which one you have - no big deal.

As for the deal you're looking at, I'm not really familiar with that saw. You're going to want to get a good set of rails and a rock solid fence - so add something like $300-400 minimum to that price and then see if you think it's a good deal.

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Thanks for the input Mike, I called today an they are down to 1. I think that it is a good deal still and might buy it. Thanks again. Blue Skies! Laurie

Reply to
freefalling