Delta planer Warranty work Update

AS some may remember, I have a 12 1/2" planer that has a lifetime warranty. The infeed roller had a big chunk out of it, and I was told by the local repair shop that it wouldnt be covered under warranty. After calling Delta, they assured me it would be covered.
Anyways, the story turned out fine. all fixed up, and covered under warranty. Delta came thru. I will be purchasing a delta jointer now.
How did you get a lifetime warranty? Is that standard?

warranty.
Delta,
The original poster appears to be from Canada. In that country, Delta has a line called "Delta 2000" which comes with lifetime warranties. They don't offer it in the US.