Delta Planer and Dust collector

I have never purchased any delta tools before, but i have been wanting a dust collector for some time. My neighbor bought a delta AP 400 at Lowes for $159.00 friday and told me that it was the last one they had. I was going to go to try to find one at another lowes but i happened to stop by a store in columbus called The Anderson's General Store (I am not sure how big a chain they are) and almost tripped over couple AP 400k (includes the kit to hook up 2 tools) for $129.00. I ended up Buying one and putting my neighbors name on it to hold.
While i was looking around I noticed a Delta TP 300 12" Planer with stand and extra blades for $179.00. So i decided to get that too.
So i ended up getting the planer and dc for $308.00 and a big "Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!!!" from my wife.
I really hadn't needed a planer until I had a neighbor move out and give me about 80 bf of 1 com red oak that he gets delivered from a lumber yard. The boards were run one pass through a planer but still need some work. I had always bought my lumber from Lowes or the borg, at least until I found out the difference in price if you are willing to do a little planning..
I am just a little concerned that that planer will hold up.
Hey, not to worry; if it doesn't hold up, you'll have a perfectly good excuse to tell SWMBO that you need a "better" one... :)
dave

The planer will hold up just fine. You'll find that since you have it, you will use it more than you thought. Starting out I made do with thicknesses of wood that were just not quite right, but since I had no simple way of changing it, I just used it. You'll also find wood that can be re-sawed or re-claimed with a planer.
Enjoy the new toys! Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome