Delta Model 36-717

Anyone have an opinion about this saw?
Thanks, Mark

Jim
Well.....did you have a better suggestion??
Mark

What an ignorant comment.
I saw one on display at a Rocklers.
Now, mind you, display models have a way of being set-up piss poorly, so my comment may not TRULY be indicative of the real quality of the saw.
Caveats aside, I have to say I was underwhelmed. The blade raising and tilting mechanisms had an incredible amount of binding in them, an issue that was compounded by cheap plastic handwheels.
The tabletops had a mirror finish on them, however...which is better than you can say about the Unisaws. Didn't have my 36" Starrett on hand, so didn't check for flatness. :-)
Other than getting some fingerprints on it, that's my only experience with the saw. I can't say how it cuts or how smoothly it runs.