Delta Line Boring Machine

Does anyone have any experience using a Delta Model 32-325 Line Boring Machine? I am thinking about buying one for my small cabinet shop. Tired of drilling shelf pin holes in a whole set of cabinets with a hand drill and template. Is the 3/4 hp motor enough when drilling all 13 available holes and do you have to pull down on the handle very hard? Is the pneumatic version worth the extra $800 to do more production type work? I will be using the machine to drill mostly maple plywood. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on this machine.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Criner

I've had one for a couple of years and really like it. The motor is plenty strong and the effort involved in pulling down the handle isn't bad. If it is too much for your purposes you could just slip a piece of pipe on over the provided arm and increase the lever length.

I'm the only one using this machine and it works fine for me. If I were to gear up to a shop situation where I had employees running it, I might look into a more substantial unit. The guy who paid for the machine usually treats it with more respect than a guy who didn't.

Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson