Delta inserts in a Jet TS??

The new Jet cabinet saw will be here next Friday, so I just listed my Rockwell contractors saw in the paper. I have a few UHMV table inserts that'll go with the Rockwell, and a few others I'd like to keep if they'll fit in the Jet. Anyone know if they are the same size?? thanks! --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

I don't know.

I do, however know that I own a JET cabinet saw and I could fabricate about a half dozen inserts and shim them to level using just masking tape on the back side in about an hour.

There is no one way to make them. some folks use a straight bit/pilot on a router using the original insert as a template. I just used a jigsaw and cleaned it up on a disk sander.

You will appreciate having a pile of them on hand for special applications.

I have:

regular

7-degree bevel 45-degree bevel 1/2" dado 3/4" dado tennon (two blades at once with a spacer)

That meets mot of my 99% of my needs

Just make'm; you'll wonder why you ever spent money on a commercial insert.

-Steve

Reply to
Stephen M

Nope. Sort of like expecting Chevy to design their cars to accept Ford accessories.

But, I think the Delta is larger so it may be able to be cut down and then re-slotted to fit the Jet. They are also easily made from 1/2" MDF

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski