Delta GR050 utility sharpener

What does anyone think of the Delta GR050 utility sharpener? I can't decide weather to keep it or not. I find I get an even grind if I clamp a block of wood to my plane iron and ride the wood along the tool rest, sort of a sharpening jig. It does seem to cut pretty slow though, I don't know weather to keep it or go back to the 1725 White wheel I have rigged up to an old motor. What are your thoughts? Thanks Tony D.