Delta DC

I purchased a Delta dustcollector in Nov 2004. About 2 weeks ago the motor would not run - it would try to start then the breaker would trip. I took motor and blower to local repair shop. After they examined it I was advised that in their opinion the centrifugal switch in the motor had never worked and finally it took out a capacitor. A new motor would cost $300 which was more than I paid for the DC. They contacted Delta and convinced them to honor warranty which had expired Nov 2006. I got a new motor for no charge! I think this is very unusual and makes me feel very loyal to Delta for future purchases. I just wanted to let everyone know of the good service I received.

Reply to
James Keevil

Hey James, Just curious; What model DC did you buy? What was the hp rating of the motor? I'm glad to read that Delta stood behind their product. Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

I had trouble with a Delta 14" lathe that was out of warranty. They sent a local repair person to my house he took the head assembly back to the shop repaired some parts and brought it back to my house and installed it. ALL AT NO COST TO ME! I agree, great service.

Reply to
tdup2

Reply to
James Keevil