Delta Cordless tools any good?

They looked Ok quality wise but the biggest difference between the Expensive cordless and the others is the availability of parts. You may say "a good too shouldn't need parts" but Cordless tools will need a new battery sooner or later. I just replaced my first Makita batteries last year after 9 years of use. The Sears drill I bought my father a couple years ago needed a battery which is differnet than what is sold in the store today and would have required us special ordering it at a cost greater than the cost of the drill when new.

Reply to
Eugene

While at Lowes Saturday, on impulse I bought a set of 14.4v Delta cordless power tool combo kits for $149 on clearance. The kit include drill/driver, circ saw, sander, brad nailer, jig saw, flashlight, charger and 2 batteries. I tried out the drill and nailer. The drill seems to work pretty well other than it was difficult to get it to hold a round bit snuggly. First impression of the brad nailer is that is a POS. With battery fully charged and power turned up to the max, it consistently left the nail head protruding above the surface about a sixteenth inch.

Later, I saw that Sam's sells the drill and 2 batteries for $49. So did I gget a good deal, or should I take it all back, while its still cherry.

Gary

Reply to
Gary

So uh what part of the drill that works would justify a chuck that does not hold a normal bit very well.

If it is not hooked up to a compressor, It probably is a POS.

That is normal for an electric nailer.

Are you happy with it? If so, keep it. If you hare having second thoughts, let your conscience be your guide.

Reply to
Leon

I've rebuilt a couple battery packs myself, but at the time the makita packs were around $30 and it was going to cost me $25 just for the cells so I just kept hold of the old packs and bought new ones. Now that the Makita packs are running close to $40 its getting more cost effective to rebuild my old ones.

Reply to
Eugene

Eugene wrote: [snip] years of use. The Sears drill I bought my father a couple years ago needed

Try rebuilding the batteries. There's been positive feedback from

mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn