Delta contractors saw and Biesemeyer fence

I'm trying to sell my Delta contractors saw with Biesemeyer fence. It's in the Denver area.

tells me I am not suppose to put for sale items on this newsgroup.

Reply to
Kevin

I don't get why some newsgroups ban for sale postings. Seems like the perfect place to sell... and ehem, "buy" something. I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone gloat about selling their widget for 4 dollars, only to have a guy reply, "Dude, I've been looking for a widget for months. I would've paid you 5 dollars."

Reply to
-MIKE-
  1. I feel it is only appropriate when the poster is a regular contributor

  1. I think there is some etiquette for flagging the post like OT for Off Topic. Is it FS for For Sale?

  2. I really like it when I can f> Kev> > Something tells me I am not suppose to put for sale items on this > > newsgroup. >
Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Yeah, I'd agree -- though I hate sifting through 'for sale' and other OT sorts of posts.

I don't think the buyers on craigslist understand what I have for sale. They see contractors saw and equate it to the $100 direct drive Craftsman.

If some>> Something tells me I am not suppose to put for sale items on this >> newsgroup. >> >

Reply to
Kevin

Prefix your post with "FS:" and most people won't care.

todd

Reply to
todd

Most rec. groups don't mind the occasional for sale posting from regular posters, as long as it's not in your business plan to keep doing it every day for the rest of your life. But, people do like the discussion to be more prevelant than the commerce. Drive-by FS posts are generally no appreciated unless it's a very relevant item of interest to the group where it's posted. The subject of this thread is a good example.

At least, that's how I see it.

Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

Reply to
ranck

Once upon a time, Usenet had a large readership and was free.

It's still free, but Craigslist and a million websites are free and have more viewers.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I agree. As long as people are forwarned that it is an item for sale, they can either choose to look at the post or ignore it. And it is a perfect place to find items you might need.

Reply to
Lisa Safford Poignant

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 04:54:01 +0000, todd wrote (in article ):

Prefix your post with "FS:" and the country you're in PLEASE. Otherwise it's hugely irrelevant for very very many readers.

Otherwise my position on this is that "on topic" for sales are not only O.K. but are actually infortaining and er, character profiling and may lead to amusing banter... speculation... fits of jealousy... counter offers...

Reply to
Bored Borg

...I've only been doing usenet for 7 years, but have many interests and, thusly, frequent a few diverse NGs. There *is* a netiquette of sorts, but it takes awhile to find out what it really is, and there is also anarchy...lots of anarchy. Most people who participate in NGs are there to converse with others so interested, but there is a significant *other* population who revel in chaos. *We* can't stop them...not really. The antidote for such misuse of usenet (heh...) is either to killfile the offensive whatevers, or simply ignore their postings. Caveat emptor...

cg

Reply to
Charlie Groh

Send me only 320 US Dollar and I will rush you, entirely FREE Full and complete instructions for building your extra long-legged piano stool. In wood. GUARANTEED to bring complete and full performance increase and make great pleasance of it.

ONLY 432 dollars plus 133 dollars shipping.

results may vary.

Picture is posed by a model with no connection with the company.

Sent with plain brown rapper for your security

Reply to
Not Bored Borg, Honest

"Not Bored Borg"; "Honest" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com...

But wait!!! If you call right now we'll throw in another one for only £19

19s 9d!

Oops, sorry! ... that was 40 years ago!

Reply to
Swingman

How much for just the photo of the bimbo? sincerely, j4

Reply to
jo4hn