Delta Chop Saw

I was looking at a couple of chop saws and saw a Delta Duel Bevel Compound Miter Saw. Any one have any remarks about this saw. I have an old Royobi 10 " that is about 15 years old that is in dire need of replacing. (used on job site)Everyone loved to use this saw but its time has come. Need a quality saw, price is not a issue.
thanks.

Really? Damn, I want your budget.
I've seen a 15" Hitachi for the price of a decent contractor saw.
Orrs Sawmill had a slip-and-fall lawyer's DREAM of a 20-something inch exposed sawblade mounted on a swinging arm.
The swing arm might not be as portable as I would like it to be.....
I will check out the Hatachi
Thanks

and well worth it but they dont compound. got 2 of em and sorry they aint fer sale. :-] skeez
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (EChambe313) wrote in message

If I had it to do over, I would buy a 12" compound miter saw. If you do buy the Delta, Plan on buying a new blade. The one that came with mine was a throw-away.
Dick Durbin Tallahassee
On 18 Nov 2003 04:08:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (EChambe313) wrote:

lots o trim guys round here swear by the hitachi compound. ive used them and they are a nice saw. makita also looks good but i havent had a chance to use one so cant give an oppinion there. skeez
On 18 Nov 2003 04:08:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (EChambe313) wrote:

    My experience matches other responders. I have had poor experience with delta and good experience with Hitachi. DeWalt is also supposed to be very good for miter saws.
    With Hitachi, look at where the saw you buy was made. They have been making them in Japan and Singapore. Lately they have been making tools in China. The Chinese ones don't seem to be as high quality.
    Were I to buy another and price was not an object, I would look closely with what Bosch has to offer because I have had good experience with their other tools.
            Peter

I have the Bosch 10" (model 3915) with the Forrest Chopmaster blade. It spews dust everywhere but the little dust bag, but other than that I am very happy with it. Great saw.
--
Jedd Haas - Artist
http://www.gallerytungsten.com