Delta Benchtop Bandsaw

I have an old Delta benchtop bandsaw ( I think 4 inch??) and it needs either new rubber on the wheels or new wheels with the rubber included...looked on the net but didn't find much...the diameter of the wheels are 6' and I have

3 on the machine...any pointers would be nice for parts ...thanks in advance............

Tina

Reply to
Tina

try Carter Products...they make rubber bandsaw tires

Reply to
aswr

Thanks

Reply to
Tina

Reply to
nospambob

Will do ...thanks for the info Tina ;-)

Reply to
Tina

Someone asked a similar question a few weeks ago. Here's what I told them...

Well, I needed wheels for a Tradesmen (Hechinger) bandsaw, and somebody led me to Enco through this user group, but the price was somewhere around $20 per tire (or tyre). So I wound up talking to a guy in a ceramic shop and he sold me some wide rubber bands that were about 6 inches in diamerter and about 3/4 inch wide that they use to hold ceramic molds together. They were about 75 cents each. So I put one on a wheel and got it lined up against one flange, then used my x-acto knife to trim it to width while I turned the wheel by hand. It ain't necessarily pretty, and I'm not sure about how effective it is, but I got three new tires (tyres) for $2.25 and the bandsaw runs and it cuts through the wood I put in there to be cut. Now I probably wouldn't recommend this for precision work, but for 75 cents, it does what I need done.

Depending on your usage and how much you want to spend......

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce T