Delta Bandsaw on Craigslist

There is a Delta bandsaw in my area being sol on Craigslist. Model number is a 28-216. Based on pictures, it appears to be in great shape.
Here's the link >>> http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/5312097657.html
If you can't view or don't want to view the link, the description is below. The asking price is $595.
Delta model 28-216 14" blade to back post capacity Made in 2003 1 1/2 hp delta motor 115 / 230 volt wired for 115 currently includes 6" riser block to allow 12" resaw capacity Includes Delta mobile base Includes Delta Rip fence Made in USA Very nice condition A few extra blades included
I believe I know the answer, but, is it worth it?
There is another Delta but with very little info other than a height extension. Asking $500.
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/5321255231.html
On 11/27/2015 7:10 PM, Meanie wrote:

That's close to new. I paid $700 for the 1hp back in 2002-2004. So used it should be much less. That being said, if I had to buy a unit today, it would not be that unit. I would be buying a euro style. The Delta just wasn't what it should have been.
--
Jeff

On 11/27/2015 6:05 PM, Meanie wrote:

I would be tempted to look closer. IITC, this model is one of the last Delta's made in the USA. Might want to do a little research on that.
That, along with the mobile base and riser, certainly make it worth considering, especially if you can talk down the price a bit.
Don't let anyone piss on your parade if you're looking for an affordable, used 14" bandsaw. This one, if it is indeed "made in USA", and with a few tweaks, would likely do whatever the average woodworker would ask of it.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 11/29/15 9:56 AM, Swingman wrote:

That's what I was thinking. It's a 2003 with the riser block and the mobile base. It also looks brand new, not "did a very thorough job of cleaning up" like-new. The guy will probably take $500 for it. In order to get that quality, new, you're looking at probably $750, without the riser and wheels.
--

-MIKE-

On 11/29/2015 11:51 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

On 11/29/2015 6:29 PM, Leon wrote:

Really not. Mine with a riser block, mobile base and circle cutting attachment were all included at around $700, and a 14v Delta Drill. Delta was running a special, and I suspect they must have run other specials of similar types.
And mine was American made. BTW that means little as I had lots of issues that I had to resolve to get this machine cutting. I was quite upset with the quality. Wish I had bought the Laguna. But that's done now.
--
Jeff

On 11/29/2015 9:35 PM, woodchucker wrote:

But when did you buy yours? And how does that convert to today's dollars? I know that most equipment had increased in price significantly in the last 5~10 years. For instance the Rikon 18" band saw has increased in price by 60% since 2006.
On Fri, 27 Nov 2015 19:05:57 -0500

laguna 14-Twelve is $875
much better deal than a delta
On 11/30/2015 10:55 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

Care to share where you saw that price?
On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 11:19:50 -0600

saw that saw price at the source
On 11/30/2015 12:12 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

What source? Do you ever back up anything you post?
Might be a sale somewhere but it's not hard to post it, is it?
Prices for that saw almost universally are in the area $1,000

No, his posts are barely coherent.

MSRP is $1097. There's an used/demo unit available on Laguna's website for $875.
Dishonest of EC not to note that it was a demo unit at that price.
There is also a Demo LT16HD for $2799.
http://www.lagunatools.com/Outlet
On 11/30/2015 12:12 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

$1100 at the source
On 11/30/2015 6:07 PM, Leon wrote:

Actually, when I checked the idiot's work, I found that Laguna had a sale offer on the 14/12 at $987 and then add a couple hundred for the mobile base and light as shown.
IOW, Bullsh*t once again.