Delta Bandsaw

I have been looking at the Delta 28-276 Bandsaw at Lowes. I am looking for comments regarding your experiences with this saw. Does anyone have any recommendations.
Bilbo Baggins Wrote: > I have been looking at the Delta 28-276 Bandsaw at Lowes. I am looking

Buy from Amazon.com and avoid the tax and get free shipping.
--
briangrowan

Yeah, but if I buy from Home Depot at 359.10 (matched price minus 10%) plus tax at 7.25% it comes to 385.13, now why would I want to buy from Amazon.com and pay $439.99? Even if I pay full price @ Lowes with tax it is still cheaper that Amazon.com.
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:32:44 +0100, briangrowan

7.25% tax. Hmm now I member why I like living here in NH. No sale tax. Delta is a good solid saw ever notice how many 14' BS are similar to it? That said Grizzly makes a nice one.
D. Mo

check out the Grizzly G0555Z. you get more for your money.

Bilbo Baggins wrote:

Recommendation? yes: get a Powermatic instead of a Delta. google this newsgroup for much said on the subject.
Dave