Delta Bandsaw

I have been looking at the Delta 28-276 Bandsaw at Lowes. I am looking for comments regarding your experiences with this saw. Does anyone have any recommendations.

Reply to
Bilbo Baggins

Buy from Amazon.com and avoid the tax and get free shipping.

Reply to
briangrowan

check out the Grizzly G0555Z. you get more for your money.

Reply to
Dave

Recommendation? yes: get a Powermatic instead of a Delta. google this newsgroup for much said on the subject.

Dave

Reply to
David
7.25% tax. Hmm now I member why I like living here in NH. No sale tax. Delta is a good solid saw ever notice how many 14' BS are similar to it? That said Grizzly makes a nice one.

D. Mo

Reply to
D. Mo

Yeah, but if I buy from Home Depot at 359.10 (matched price minus 10%) plus tax at 7.25% it comes to 385.13, now why would I want to buy from Amazon.com and pay $439.99? Even if I pay full price @ Lowes with tax it is still cheaper that Amazon.com.

Reply to
Bilbo Baggins