Delta Band Saw 28-299 with number 28-212 ???

Hello, I'm looking at a used saw to buy that the guys is saying it is a 28-299 but on the top of the saw it says 28-212. The base says 50-274. There is no 28-299 to be found on the saw.
It has everything the 28-299 is supposed to have. I'm thinking it is the 28-299 but I'm just curious if anyone here has an idea on the Delta numbering for the 28-299.
It has mobile base 50-274 as the 28-299 is supposed to have too. The manual the guy got with the saw is for the 28-293 & 28-299.
Anyone?
Thanks, Grant
"Grant" wrote in message

but
There won't be.

manual
It all sounds like a 28-299.
What's the HP? Is the trunnion cast iron, or aluminum? If it's 1HP, with a cast iron trunnion, and judging from the rest of your description, I'd bet that you got a 28-299 on your hands.
If so, and the price is right, don't hesitate, buy it! From what I've seen at the local Delta dealers, it may be the last decent bandsaw Delta made.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/13/04

Grant,
Who cares what the part number is, do you like the saw and is it at a good price?
Delta part numbers are almost impossible to follow, one part # for the base plus one part # for the upper machine equal a third # that the machine is known by, but not printed on either item.
28-299 is a USA made 1hp 14" bandsaw, standard issue.
Thanks,
David.
Different numbers based on what's in the package. A promotion including a fence will go by a different number.

base