Delta 50-850a and 50-760

Anyone know how many amps the motors are on these, and if they are the same motor? Delta doesn't say in their manuals or website...
Seems to me that the 50-850a has twice the filter area, so it ought to do more CFM than the 50-760, but maybe I am exaggerating the importance of filter area after seeing how poorly my single bag unit does.
I don't put that much mileage on my DC, so if they are really equivalent, I would just as soon save the $150 the cannister costs.

Jim