Delta 422L discontinued

Howdy. I had the Delta 422L on order at woodworker supply and they called today saying that Delta had discontinued it. They are offering the Dewalt 716 with a free laser to compensate for the 1 month I have waited and then come up dry (sounds like my love life). Has anyone heard why Delta would discontinue this saw? Thanks, Mike
mew wrote:

No idea, but is sounds like a trade worth considering. I haven't heard anything but good about the DW716. I saw that Amazon is no longer carrying the Delta, and they are usually one of the first to bail if a product is discontinued. BTW, the Delta >is< still available in many places if you had your heart set on that one.
I noticed that prices were all over for the Delta, so I would make sure my trade would be "apples to apples".
Robert

Remember that Delta is part of Black and Decker now, as is Dewalt. A company rep told us at the Houston Woodworkers club that the Dewalt line is going to be for the construction trade and the Delta line is going to be for the woodworkers.
B&D has a history of messing up their product lines. I remember when B&D was not junk, but a quality product line.
I have a shop full of Delta, Rockwell, and Porter Cable tools, but I have purchased a Jet band saw and a Jet jointer this year. I recently bought a PC 4" trim saw (an overpriced delightful saw) because I'm sure they will discontinue it. The quality is too high for them to keep it. If they have a tool you've been wanting, you might want to go ahead and buy it while you can. :-)

I remember that also. .... Man, you are old. ;~)

PC still makes the SpeedBloc finish sander. You may want to grab that one if you don't have one. Little on it has changed.

I prefer to think well seasoned, not old. :-)

I'll look into it. :-)

LOL That's good, I like "Experienced".

I have the older version of the DeWalt saw. All I have to do with this one is make certain the blade is sharp and clean, and well aligned. When I bought it, this saw was the upgrade from the then available Borg Delta miter saw. Money well spent.
I'd pass on the laser, though, if that's an option.
Stuff comes and goes. Life goes on. Usually, at least.
Patriarch
I looked at the DeWalt last night and might get it. I just have to work a better deal as the one woodworker supply was offering ended up not being very competitive with even Lowes.
Patriarch wrote:

I haven't heard anything about it, but even though I like my Delta CMS quite a bit, I'd be equally happy with a DeWalt or Makita (those being the other two I've used.) Lots of good options for that tool.