Delta 37-195 6" Pro Jointer opinions wanted

I'm thinking about treating myself to one of these babies. Before I do that, I would like to hear some opinions. Amazon sells it for $499.99, including free shipping. Are there any other comparable jointers in the same price range that I should consider?

Thanks!

Lance Snyder

Reply to
Lance Snyder

Lance, I have one - I like it. Works great. I love the rack and pinion fence. I like the switch location - some don't. My beds and fence were/are flat within a few thousandths of an inch.

Some have reported problems with fence warping, but that was a few years ago. York sells what appears to be an exact clone of the jointer bed and fence setup. The motor, cabinet and switch are different from the Delta's. The mechs are both imported - the Delta has a Made in USA base cabinet. I can't remember _for sure_ who made the motor, but I believe it's a Marathon. And it may be a different motor now - I bought mine years ago.

FWIW,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Hi, Mr. Snyder. I replied to your post in another thread. Why? Because I felt like it.

See the "Christmas present" thread for my elaborate response to your enquiry.

OK THX BYE!

Reply to
The Woodsmith of Mordor

Another Lord of the Rings Geek. Get a life kid.

Reply to
stoutman

Thanks, Greg. It's always nice to read a testimonial from an actual owner.

Reply to
Lance Snyder

Whatever floats your boat...I guess.

Will do. Thanks.