Delta 36-L31X-BC50 X5 3HP Left Tilt Unisaw with Biesemeyer

Page 1 of 2
I was compiling my Christmas list and getting prices when I found this saw for a sub $500 price on Amazon. It says that it is new. I think I know what is going to be under the tree this year.
Jeff

The motor cover and fence are $500. <G>
This is a misprint or a scam.
Barry

buyer beware...if it sounds to good to be true...it usually is not true!!
I just placed an order for mine but I forgot the 25.00 discount coupon but I won't press the issue because they might catch their error. Man somebody wake me up is this for real, maybe I will get mine before they catch on. Holy moses WOW!!! I'm sure this is to good to be true as always but I will fight this one.

Same here - for that price - why not!

Busted, Amazon caught on and the price has been fixed. I suppose they will send an email any minute now to announce their screw up but what is our legal course of action? I have searched over that entire page and there is no mention of typo errors.

"Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If we discover a mispricing, we will do one of the following:
"If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item.
"If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation."
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
I 'm going to try and contain myself enough to write this email but my heart is going 90 to nothing I feel total disbelief in what I have just read from igor of Amazon.com. They are going to honor the advertised lower price, now this is what I consider great marketing and recognition for their customers respect. I will remain to be a strong supporter of Amazons reputation. I give great admiration to a company who stands by their mistake I just feel pitty for the poor fellow who manages their computer pricing. Thanks Amazon. Dana Vogel

"Seeker" wrote in message

heart
from
now
customers
Amazon.
"Igor of Amazon.com"??
You need to still your beating heart and go back and read Igor's post carefully, particularly the last paragraph.
Amazon.com has never been anywhere that "nice", IME.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

heart
from
Heart be still. You misread what Igor posted. Let me translate it for you. "If we screw up and advertise an absurdly low price, we have the right to say 'I am sorry' and refuse to honor the price".
It would seem that Amazon may have done more than one of these absurdly low prices recently. When the saw is sitting on your doorstep and your credit card has only been billed for the advertised price, let us know. We would all like to know they handled it that way.
Bob
Sorry, appology in line I misread their announcement. I should have known better but in my haste I misread their pricing policy. I take back my previous email. As it goes "if it's to good to be true,it more than likely is"

Hey, I hadn't bought the saw and yet I had to re-read their policy a couple of times to be sure. I'd suggest doing nothing and wait to see what happens. I do not want to get you back to 90 mph, but if they do ship it W/O notifying you and THEN try to "correct" the price, it would seem too late even under their own policy. Note that both of their two options involve their taking action BEFORE shipping anything. So, if it ships at the price posted when you made the purchase, you'd be in good shape, IMO. My thought is that they have some system in place that, before shipping -- since they bill your cc just before shipping -- compares the price they are about to bill to the then current price and if it varies by X% they flag it. Then again, I'm regularly amazed by what some giant companies do NOT have in place in their IT systems.
Anyway, take some deep breaths and see what happens. Good luck. -- Igor
I am convinced they are pulling the old bait and switcharoo , there have been to many postings here lately of huge price breaks. They figure hey it's christmas shopping season maybe the customers will just go ahead and accept the correct price. But you know their pricing policy is buried deep in other web pages not posted on the products page(like their 1-800 cust service phone), I think this leaves room for arguement.
"Seeker" wrote in message

it's
accept
other
Or, more likely, they've hired a bunch of goofusses for the holidays ... there ain't much else available these days.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

it's
accept
other
Don't give up so easily. Read Bobs reply in the you guys are killing me thread. I'm maintaining positive thoughts until I hear otherwise. Then again I kind of have to, if this deal doesn't work out I'm building 30 linear feet of kitchen cabinets on the old Ridgid TS 2400.
My $448 unisaw just "shipped" with an ABF tracking number. Still, I won't believe it until I smell the cosmolene and I see my credit card statement. I hope this goes well.
Lars

I had the $450 unisaw on order (scheduled to ship in 1-2 weeks), but it just "disappeared" from my order about an hour ago. No email or nothing... just *poof* and it was gone. My $90 Dewalt biscuit jointer and $100 P-C compressor combo shipped today, so I can't complain too much.
-Aaron

If this goes through, I bow to the gloatee!!!
Good luck.
Barry
Wow. It seems as though you are getting yours. Congrats!!! Mine is still at "shipping soon" status. I can remain hopeful.
Fingers crossed, Jeff

have