Delta 36-831A cabinet saw $429 from spain???

Got this email from a guy who wants me to buy from him in SPAIN and sell in the US. http://www.hgpro-tools.com/index.php?productIDE This is his reply to me when I asked for the price for 5 cabinet saws delivered to my location in the US. I dont know, but it seems a little TO GOOD TO BE TRUE to me. Oh Ya, he wants the money up-front and cant give me the names of any US customers due to client confidentiality. Scott

He's TOTALLY lying to you, trying to rip_you_off. There is no way any seller would give you their customers email addresses and they would not all be web mail addresses either. There is no way anyone in "Spain" would be selling unisaws at that price to US customers through a website designed and targeted at US customers. DO NOT DO IT!
I have read about Spain, it is a country LOADED with criminal activity, such as, a LOT of prostitution slavery that is illegal, the law system and police work is extremely lax there.
Also notice he did NOT state that he accepts credit cards? ONLY wire bank transfers? That is cash of the barrel for him, and he disappears my friend.
Alex
I've spent a lot of time in southern Spain and the Malaga address of the firm in question is in the Costa Del Sol. This area was a common hangout of European criminals who went there because of lax law enforcement and sunshine. Moreover, why would a Spanish company offer such favorable prices on an American product?
Good luck,
TEF

AAvK wrote:

This sounds similar to the Nigerian scams ( see www.ebolamonkeyman.com amongst others.) Another to be aware of that is hitting our classic bicycle sellers on eBay, is when they offer (off of eBay) for a large dollar item. They send you a money order for much more than what was agreed to and ask you to send back the overage ( a grand or two.) Problem is, the original money order was no good. So now they have your product plus a couple grand. Not sure how well it works these days since the new law went into effect allowing banks to instantly transfer money as opposed to a check hold.
Bottom line, if someone comes to you with something that seems to be to good to be true, it usually is!

Are you kidding, he is high priced? I can sell them to you for $385 delivered right to your home. I only accept cash though, so please send it to me in a plain envelope.
I await your reply and the cash in the mail.

Hi Ed,
I happen to be driving your way, so I'll swing by with my cash in a plain envelope for ya.
I expect a discount for the delivery charge!
Oh yea...I'll take 2 of em.
;->
Lou
Sounds good to me ,by the way I have a bridge I would like to sell cheap!!
Len

Hell, if you want to throw away $2255 send it to me. You'll at least know where it went and you'll get just as much in return!
Dave Balderstone wrote:

No, I can give you a lot more than Dave can. Send the $2,225 to me and I will give you a HCoA sanding sponge and my entire collection of Harbor Freight lathe tools, plus a nifty box of wood shavings and a Timex watch with no band.
Deal?
lot more than Dave can. Send the $2,225 to me and I

How much for all of it plus the watch band? And throw in a couple of HCoA glue spreaders.
Eric
Admin Phone.......... +1.3454951462
todd
"Todd Fatheree"

Indeed. Although clearly a rip-off, the quality of English and chosen target audience does strongly suggest someone from the US, using foreign servers and services. Nifty little scam. If only I was so clever. Not many woodworker types are going to part w/ 1500 minimum cash very easily, though...
Why not give the guy a call:
Schein, Will 2860 Horton Road (couple houses off?) Germanton, NC 27019 336-767-1300
Might want to hit *67 first to block caller ID.
Let us all know how the conversation goes....
- Nate
If I'm in NJ, I would give him a nice Christmas holiday by calling the DA.

Funny thing is that it appears that the web server is actually in the US. It belongs to Yahoo, and as best as I can figure from a traceroute, the web server itself is in California.
To add even more humor, I took a chance and Googled their supposed address. I located a Flemenco Dance Studio in Malaga, Spain.
Escuela Flamenca, c/ Flores Garca 2o Bloque 3-D, E-29 Malaga, 952 / 31 18 81
For reference, Pro Home & Garden Tools' address and phone number from their web site is
Flores Garca 2o Bloque 3-D, E-29 Malaga,, 29006 , 952 / 31 18 81
So, either this is a combo Flamenco dance studio/tool supply or they just picked an address out of a hat.
todd

WHAT a load of rip off crap!
Alex

Well, yes. They could not defraud you with a CC!

I sent an email to the NC Attorney General, I will let you know what they say.
"vmtw"

Probably not much.
The likelihood of finding real names behind all the phony ones using 101 level internet service tools is about zero.
- Nate
On 30 Nov 2004 14:24:03 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@vmtw.com (vmtw) wrote:

Oh, I'd definately go for it- but first, I'd like to help me move some large sums of money out of Nigeria. Your name was given to me as someone trustworthy, so if you could just send along the routing number and access codes to your bank account, I'd be happy to deposit TEN BILLION DOLLARS into your account for safekeeping. :P

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Prometheus wrote:

Hot damn. My account number is 867-5309-90210-911-69 and the routing number is 10-10-220. I will keep your $10 billion safe for you, but it's going to cost you a $500 million service fee.