Delta 36-675 Tablesaw (compared to 36-650, 36-444)

I placed an order for a Delta 36-650 over the weekend and was just informed that it couldn't be fulfilled: the -650 has been replaced by the

-675. Does anybody around here happen to know the difference between the two? Should I go ahead and accept the -675 as a roughly equivalent replacement? (They cost virtually the same, and the only difference I can find is that the -675 seems to have a blade guard that locks in the up position.)

While I'm asking questions about Delta table saws, is this list a pretty complete description of the differences between the -650 and the -444:

- -444 is made in the US, -650 is made in Taiwan

- -444 develops 2HP at 240v, -650 develops 1.5hp

- -444 has a slightly different base

(For a company that makes so many different variations on table saws, I would have hoped that they'd make it easier to tell the difference. ;-)

At one point, I had been concerned about upgradability of the -600 series, but the -681/682 are available with upgraded fences, which I assume can be retrofitted on the -675. Other than that, the next logical upgrade seems like a cabinet saw, if I ever get to that level of skil.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
MSCHAEF.COM

Actually, the next logical upgrade is the -479 or -480. You are getting a better fence and can have a cast iron extension and the table board. If it is in the pocketbook, I think a better buy that trying to upgrade later.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski