Delta 36-444 or 36-680?

I decided to buy a Delta 36-444 10" Contractor's Saw and stumbled across the Delta 36-680 10" Contractor Saw with 2 Cast Iron Wings &

30" T-Square Fence System. Is this the same saw with options? Is it better than the 36-444? Does it have a better fence? ( I can't afford a biesemeyer just now... ) I searched the web and Delta's site and I can't find any information. Your wisdom and knowledge greatly appreciated. Thanks
Reply to
marvin

The only differance I can find is the cast vs. steel wings, and the T-square fence vs, the Unirip. The T-square fence is a extremely light duty version of a Biesmeyer. I believe the Unirip is a bit better quality, but I have no experiance with either. I am reasonably sure the basic saw is the same between the two. I would be tempted to go with the 36-680 and upgrade the fence later. You may want to evaluate your needs right now and see if you can hold out untill you can buy a saw with a Unifence or Biesmeyer Have you considered a Grizzly GO44Z? Cast iron wings, good fence, all for $600 delivered. Looks like a nice saw! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

According to my Delta catalog the 444's motor is rated at 1.5HP @120V/2.0HP @ 240V where as the 680's is 1.5HP for 120 and 240V. Delta has the 680 rated

2 table saws below the 444 on their performance scale.

Joey in Chesapeake.

Reply to
Joseph Smith