Delta 36-412 or 36-422L Miter Saw Recall

Just a heads-up, if you have a Delta 36-412 or 36-422L miter saw, they've issued a replacement recall due to a potentially serious design flaw.
You can exchange it for a free Dewalt CMS.
Details in this PDF... <http://www.deltamachineryparts.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/20130827114245556.pdf
--

-MIKE-

On 1/18/2016 2:37 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

No kidding, exchange a Delta for a DeWalt? I guess Delta no longer makes miter saws...
I have an old Delta, I'll have to check the model. It has a TERRIBLE blade guard that I probably broke and repaired with JM Weld 3~4 times.
Missed it.... Mine is a 36-230.
On 1/18/16 4:25 PM, Leon wrote:

You'd get a DeWalt DWS780 double bevel sliding CMS! I found out about it because I'm looking for a part for my Delta 36-322. Just about every part is the same as the 422, so it makes me worry a bit.
That Dewalt is a nice freakin saw... would've been nice. Love my Delta, though.
--

-MIKE-

Leon wrote:

Guessing you mean JB Weld? Man - I've never had any luck with that stuff. Everyone I know who's used it loves the stuff, so I must just be jinxed when it comes to using it.
--
-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net
On 1/18/2016 6:26 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Yeah! JB!
On Mon, 18 Jan 2016 14:37:20 -0600

looks a little old make sure dewalt does not give you one of their CMS that was also recalled
On 1/18/16 9:17 PM, Electric Comet wrote:

You obviously studied reading comprehension at the same time as punctuation. Congratulations on becoming our latest troll.
--

-MIKE-