Delta 34-670 Tablesaw Funeral

Services are being held this Tuesday, April 15 (garbage Day) for my Delta 34-670 tablesaw, in front of my house. If you live in the Chicago area and would like to attend, you can haul it away for free. Its a nice, solid unit with an extra rip fence, miter gauge, and dado insert, but died of motor failure. A transplant was attempted, but the second unit failed as well. Tragically, there was no insurance coverage for a new motor, as the cost exceeded 250.00.

and
unit
Rather than just let the trash man haul it away, (if you get no takers here) put it out by the curb this weekend with a big sign pasted on it that says F R E E. It will probably be in a new home in a couple of hours. The new owner will be happy to have it, you will be happy to be rid of it. Ed

Delta
here)
I gave my Craphettmahn contractor saw to Habitat for Humanity 4 years ago and it is still being used at their outlet store today. Call them and they will probably be happy to cart it off for you..
Larry

Good idea, or I could call Amvets.

Hey Ed:
When I had my store, we sold pallets of cut offs from a production furniture shop. After they had been pick through several times we had a pallet of stuff that no body wanted. Put it out at the curb with a Free sign on it and there it set for days....put a sign on it for $25.00 and guess what.....someone stole it for us.....
thanks, Mike
Same thing happened to me in Phoenix with a waterbed. Set it out at the curb with a big sign that said FREE no takers. Put a $75 dollar sign on it and it was gone that night. Puff
Mike at American Sycamore wrote:

You may want to consider hanging on to the miter gauge if it has a std H&W. My old crapsman gauge fits my bandsaw just peachy.
Art

BUB 209 wrote:

have to tell ya, if i had an old table saw, i would machine it and use it as a router table, or keep the top for an assembly table (or both). hard to find a nice flat durable surface.
<snip>

I second that thought, basis for a great router table.
On 11 Apr 2004 15:16:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BUB 209) wrote:

when my old delta craped out i gutted it and used the base and top for a sharpening station. i mounted a wet grinder and a slow speed dry drinder to it and mounted my wolverine jig to it. works great and if you put a set of casters or a mobile base under it then its portable too! rloe it out of the way when not needed.
skeez