Delta 34-670 table saw...

Wondrin' if anyone has any knowledge of this saw. Can't find much info on the Delta site. A guy has one for sale near me for $135. Sounds reasonable. I found a manual online and all I can figure out from that is that it is belt driven which I think is good right? (noob) He says that it is 15 amps. Is that sufficient for hobby woodworking? Any wisdom greatly appreciated! Thanks, Peter
Add pictures here
✖
I saw a replacement belt of this model on line at"http://www.tools-plus.com/dep34-674.html?utm_medium=shopeng&utm_source=nextag&utm_term ŪP34-674
and it looks like a unique belt - toothed (if that's a word) rather than the v-belt on my saw (which I replaced witha LINK BELT (and love it - big difference noticed))
http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e 7
Above login for DELTA OWNERS GROUP
From what I saw in the manual, I would suggest you could do as well with a new saw from Sears o Harbor freight tools - maybe better.

Add pictures here
✖

For $135? Not likely.
It's a little bit of an oddball, but for that price- I'd jump on it. You're not going to find anything comparable in that price range elsewhere.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I've had one for about 20 years... I'd take the 135.00 and put a few more dollars with it and buy a better saw... It's under powered for most jobs and the table is too small.... The belts are about 20.00 and are a pain to put on.... A good used older craftsman would be a better buy. John...
Add pictures here
✖

The 34-670 uses a small cogged drive belt enclosed within the motor housing, The motor itself is a single-purpose design made just for this saw. The saw is similar to the 36-600 and the more recent TS350. It is a step or 2 above a benchtop model, but it is not in the same class as what most people would call a contractor's saw. If it is in good condition $135 is a fair price, but a "true" contractors saw, with an induction motor and regular belt drive, somewhat larger table surface, would be more poweful, quiter, and more pleasant to use.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

✖
snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net wrote:

Except that the TS350 uses an induction motor.
Mike
Add pictures here
✖