Delta (34-444) and Vega Fence Setup

I purchased a 10 year old used Delta Contracter Saw Model 34-444. A Vega U26 Fence came with the saw. I was checking the alignment of the fence and noticed the following:

If I align the fence with the mitre slot, the fence is exactley parallel. If I move the fence out to about 24" and measure from the fence to the same mitre slot, the front and back measurements differ by about 1/32". Could the rail be slighlty tweaked?

Is 1/32" an issue? If so, how do I fix it?

Thanks Matt

Reply to
Matt Aversano

If it's like the Vega fence I had on my Jet cabinet saw,yes if the front rail is slightly closer or farther from the front of the saw table on the right end it could cause your fence to be out of parallel. Mine had 3 mounting points if I remember correctly and the far right one could be in or out too far. Ben fox

Reply to
Ben Fox