Delta 28-206 14" bandsaw?

Page 2 of 2
Mike wrote:

Hi Mike - I did have some vibration when I bought the saw because the tire was not installed correctly. Didn't take long before I found the problem. If I had more money, I would buy the American Delta, or if I had lots more money I would by a bigger better saw. That said, I like my saw and it's adequate for what I need - I can cut nice straight rips with my saw, and I've cut some 1/8" veneer that came out very nice, and the saw has resawn 11" walnut slowly.
Some things about the Deltas are more solid than my saw: Cast iron trunions compared to aluminum, the Delta lower blade guide is closer to the work, and the wheels have nine spokes.
/Brian
Thanks Brian, I will have to consider both carefully then....
--
Mike

If you TRULY think the Delta is as good as the Powermatic, YOU are "full of it", as you so aptly wrote. Perhaps you haven't really put them both through their paces.
dave