Delta 20" drill press belt

I need a belt for a Delta Model 20 drill press. It's delta/rockwell part number 1200266, and Delta has them, but for $55, which seems expensive to me. I'm pretty sure the belt is a 2L profile, and the existing one has about a 58" outside circumference.

I usually buy stuff like this from McMaster-Carr, but the longest they have in a 2L profile is 38". I tried a 3L-58 ($6), but it definitely has a wider profile than the original belt. Anyone know of a source for a 58" o.c. 2L profile belt?

Thanks, Heath

Reply to
htroberts

Delta, perhaps??? :)

Don't know specifically, can your local NAPA get such an animal?

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Grainger

Reply to
Steve DeMars

Look above and re-read the second line... He knows Delta has 'em already... Not a bad tip otherwise.

Maybe... Can you read the exact size off the belt?

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Joe AutoDrill wrote: ...

Why do you think put in the :)????

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

L is the belt profile size--4L is 1/2", 3L -> 3/8", etc., ...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Grainger doesn't seem to have any 2L profile belts listed in their online (#396) catalog.

Reply to
htroberts

Okay. Anyone know of a source OTHER THAN DELTA for a 58" o.c. 2L profile belt?

:-)

I haven't called NAPA, but I can't imagine either a 2L or 58" belt having an automotive application.

Thanks, Heath

Reply to
htroberts

They supply parts for a lot of stuff and have general belt catalog as well...don't know they'll have what you need, but I think its worth a shot.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Try to find a Gates distributorship...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

A "Google" search for "v-belt 2L" turns up a number of possibilities.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Reply to
Joe Brophy

To let us all know you are a cheery, happy individual? :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill