Delta 14" Bandsaw

I have been toying with the idea of purchasing the riser kit for my Delta 14" band saw. I am doing a lot of reswaing and now need some additional height.
Does anyone have any experience with installing / quality of riser / etc.
Thanks in advance
John
John M wrote:

John,
I bought one & installed it. The riser block is a good solid piece of metal. Installation was straight forward. IMO, the kit is well worth the money. The only thing I'm not completely satisfied with is the blade guard arrangement. When sawing thinner stock, the guard is not long enough and it leaves a portion of the blade exposed above it.
Dave
Thanks folks. I appreciate the information.

John:
Yes, and I like it. Got my Delta bandsaw almost 20 years ago, and riser about a year later.
BTW, they didn't mention it until I first tried to install, you will want to have a 1-1/8 inch and a 1-1/4 inch wrench. A dead-blow hammer would be nice also. Look on the left hand side of your delta, about table high, you will see a large bolt. That is what you have to undo and replace with a bolt in the kit. The upper part is aligned to the lower casting with steel dowel pins. You may have to "nudge" the upper casting off these pins because the fit is very tight.
The assembly part, you will need an extra pair of hands.
Phil