delta 13 inch finish planer

Hello,

I have stripped down my Delta planer for cleaning and lubrication, as well as repair of a sticky two speed switch. In the process, I have over-extended the head on the threaded elevating screws. Now, when I try to lower it, the head binds to the point where it only will travel a few rotations of the handle. Has anyone taken one of these apart? Any ideas on how to remedy the situation?

All the best,

Curt Blood West Hartford, CT

Reply to
dustyone

I'm not familiar with the planer, however:

Head to screws engagement: So, there is more than one set of elevating screws? I would assume these will have to turn in unison, for the head to lower properly. With the head not engaged, can you see if they are turning, turning at all, and/or turning in unison? Once you start lowering the head, before it binds, can you reach any of the screws and manually turn them, to get their unison-turning going properly? I would guess they are not turning in unison and that is what is causing the binding, maybe.

Screws to crank engagement: Also, maybe, since the crank has reached its raising limit, i.e., in one direction, has this limit surpassed the crank's engagement to/with all the screws? Maybe this initial engagement, to/with the screws, needs to be re-established.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny