Delta 13" 2-speed planer

For the record, I'm not a Woodworker owner, employee, etc. Just a satisfied customer.
I purchased this same planer last year from them for the listed price and thought (and still do) I was getting a good deal-the shipping was free. This is just as good.
For small shops like most of us have (32' x 32' myself) this one is really nice. It's quiet, produces smooth as a baby's behind wood, and so far no snipe.
Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone who's looking for a great planer.
woodworker.com Super Machines ... Super Deals
Deltaฎ 13" 2-Speed Finishing Planer: Blade Zero Locator, oversized cutterhead height handle, HSS m2 steel, double sided knives, a full range, and exclusive cutterhead lock for snipe control. With Scott Phillips instructional video. December delivery. 22-580 $349.99 -$50.00 Rebate = $299.99
Add pictures here
โœ–
Have you seen the new Dewalt DW735?
Brian.

satisfied
really
double
control.
Add pictures here
โœ–
nsum wrote:

Uuuhhhmmm...for "most of us", 32x32 is NOT anywhere close so being small. I'd consider it gigantic.
--
************************************
Chris Merrill
wrote in message

โœ–
Just friendly ballbusting... actually IF I ever throw out 20 years of ratpack "someday I'm gonna need/use this" junk, I might get some real space.
wrote in message

Add pictures here
โœ–
Sorry, my bad.
wrote in message

Add pictures here
โœ–
Having owned one for about a year and put it through hell, I'd rate the machine as a "B"...Biggest weakness is the tables which are stamped steel and rely solely on a few small machine nuts mounted at the hinge sides to keep everything in line. That leads to an "automatic snipe" on any heavy/long material, regardless of what the Delta ads say about the header lock. But if properly supported on both ends (the Borg sells great roller stands at about US$20 and I'm sorry that I forgot the brand name, especially since I have paid much more than twice that for stands that suck), it can easily move to an "A" tool.
wrote in message

Add pictures here
โœ–