Delta 13" 2-speed planer

For the record, I'm not a Woodworker owner, employee, etc. Just a satisfied customer.

I purchased this same planer last year from them for the listed price and thought (and still do) I was getting a good deal-the shipping was free. This is just as good.

For small shops like most of us have (32' x 32' myself) this one is really nice. It's quiet, produces smooth as a baby's behind wood, and so far no snipe.

Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone who's looking for a great planer.

woodworker.com Super Machines ... Super Deals

Delta® 13" 2-Speed Finishing Planer: Blade Zero Locator, oversized cutterhead height handle, HSS m2 steel, double sided knives, a full range, and exclusive cutterhead lock for snipe control. With Scott Phillips instructional video. December delivery.

22-580 $349.99 -$50.00 Rebate = $299.99
Reply to
nsum

Have you seen the new Dewalt DW735?

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Uuuhhhmmm...for "most of us", 32x32 is NOT anywhere close so being small. I'd consider it gigantic.

Reply to
Chris Merrill

As I replied to someone earlier, after you start putting all of your stuff (that is, woodworking goodies) it really shrinks!!

Wasn't ment as a GLOAT.

sorry.

Reply to
nsum

Just friendly ballbusting... actually IF I ever throw out 20 years of ratpack "someday I'm gonna need/use this" junk, I might get some real space.

Reply to
Tom

Sorry, my bad.

Reply to
nsum

Having owned one for about a year and put it through hell, I'd rate the machine as a "B"...Biggest weakness is the tables which are stamped steel and rely solely on a few small machine nuts mounted at the hinge sides to keep everything in line. That leads to an "automatic snipe" on any heavy/long material, regardless of what the Delta ads say about the header lock. But if properly supported on both ends (the Borg sells great roller stands at about US$20 and I'm sorry that I forgot the brand name, especially since I have paid much more than twice that for stands that suck), it can easily move to an "A" tool.

Reply to
Tom Kohlman