DEEP STEPS

Might be handy for a few of you, or someone you know.

JOAT Plans? Plans? Don' need no steenkin' plans.

Reply to
J T

Even useful as a last resort for wheelchair users. With assistance from a single person, one step at a time is manageable. It's when there's two or more consecutive steps that problems start.

Reply to
Upscale

This is a very useful link. When we built our house we had four aging family members. We had about 4' of rise from the driveway to the porch. We installed sidewalk and steps with gradual slope and minimum of 4' of step pad to accommodate walker or wheelchair. Works well.

Reply to
RonB

Wed, Aug 31, 2005, 1:26am snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com (Upscale) imparts: Even useful as a last resort for wheelchair users. With assistance from a single person, one step at a time is manageable. It's when there's two or more consecutive steps that problems start.

Yeah, I can see that would be a lot easier than a regular set of stairs. Now I think on it, if you added a couple of pices of angle iron, or U-channel, wheelchair width, the angle might be enough to let a wheelchair get up on it's own, or at least with minimal help. I would think the width would be enough to still allow a walker user to use the steps too - but I could be wrong on that.