Deck & ramp

Hi all, First post in a long while and a bit off topic, but the opinions here are usually very informative, so is the Question:
I need to have a small deck or patio (10x10) and handicap ramp (14x4) built for a wheelchair bound relative.
One contractor has a proposal for the above in Trex with stainless screw fasteners, 42" footers and railing on each side of ramp
Another contractor proposes a paver ramp and patio (compacted earth, stone, stone and sand) same dimensions but no railings. He would use 16" anchors on edge to stabilize the pavers.
Western NYS for environment, and, the paver price is $4000. less than the Trex bid.
So, with the addition of railings on the paver bid, which would be less in routine maintenance and more durable?
Thanks in Advance for any insights, Tom

I'd go with what the codes are in my municipality.
jim wrote:

What makes you think that either of the proposals is not to code?
tak wrote:

Sounds like an elevator would be cheaper...