Deck Project - Concrete

Page 2 of 4
We wouldn't want crispy layer of concrete inside our deck post supports. The strength might not be good enough o hold back the ground pressing against it.
--------------------- "Doug Miller" wrote in message wrote: Concrete is ery porous. The second time it got wet, the next layer would be wet and set. Repeat a dozen times and the whole thing is set.
On 7/20/2011 9:13 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

That is what I have witnessed after pulling a post out of supposed cured concrete.
On 7/19/2011 6:51 PM, Leon wrote:

I have a feeling the Army Corps of Engineers would never build a dam using anything but fully mixed concrete. I would never feel comfortable that concrete (in any context) would cure completely and with full strength unless it were mixed thoroughly with water from the outset.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
"Steve Turner" wrote in message I have a feeling the Army Corps of Engineers would never build a dam using anything but fully mixed concrete. I would never feel comfortable that concrete (in any context) would cure completely and with full strength unless it were mixed thoroughly with water from the outset.
On 7/20/11 10:05 AM, m II wrote:

Congratulations, you watch the History Channel.
--

-MIKE-

The reason Josepi/Bengi/'mII'/Eric gives is not the case and likely is "what he heard" just as "what he heard" is why he is is how he is today. The guy has never done more than second string labour toil, probably in "sales", given the volumes of BS coming from that corner.. ergo.. he watches not does. Inventive construction is beyond his horizon. The guy who points and exclaims. "Farrkk would you look at that!".
Pouring(?) concrete "cold" is done for structural engineering outcomes and in fact is topical for <r.w> as it has to do with formwork. Formwork made from sheet ply.. I aint sure what you guys know that stuff by. This stuff "sounds like" the good gear. http://www.mccauseylumber.com/ppcfp.html
whatever... jes saying - as you have - the edjut is FOS as per usual. george
On 7/20/2011 4:12 PM, George Watson wrote:

Jeez George you sure post from a lot of different e-mail addresses.

I am using hosts I am subscribed to. So?
.. an' anyway your 'tone' implies a "crime"? If there is the crux of your post,, explain to me how it is you are not saying the same thing to Josepi, or *worse* that edjut is "nym shifting".. you wise to that?
Hear this Leon.. I know what I am doing. I am all over this Usenet thing. It is very clear very few here in <rw> are.
Some will listen and survive the Gymmy Bob/Josepi/Eric/'mII' 'invasion'.. others will do the hands over ears thing and thus lead >rw> the same way as alt.pets.cockatiels (and another) alt.support. celiac.. to name just two groups which were MORE ACTIVE than <rw>. Groups now dead by the hand of Gymmy Bob/Josepi/Bengi/'mII'/Erich
You*hear* what I am saying, Leon? george
On 7/20/2011 6:39 PM, George Watson wrote:

Just curious why you use so many different e-mail addresses to post to this news group.

No, do you feel guilty about something?

You seem to have a handle on that pissing contest, no need for me to get involved.

Obviously
They are simply the latest wave to come through, like you being relative new to this group. I don't recall you being here under your present name 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 years ago. They will eventually go on their way like the many before them and the rec. will continue as it has done in the past.

I hear you but know differently.

ftr? IIRC I have only ever published a single valid eMail address here in <r.w> and that was some years ago now.

THAT's a "crime".
tip? pack up yer slingshot.. aint no agro at this desk :-D

do not understand what is going on don't get involved.
'gin, like... ftr. There aint no "pissing contest" happening. There is a cold calculated strategy in training, happening.

/tips hat

In fact me and <r.w> get back to 2004.
But yes.. Josepi/Begi/Eric/'mII' essentially moved here to <r.w> from <a.h.repair> and the cross-posting of that "Gunner" tosser in the metal groups.

You missed that thread a while back on other "social media" sites being touted as an alternative to Usenet?
^^^^^Newsgroups: rec.woodworking ^^^^^Subject: Who is on Facebook? ^^^^^Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:45:32 -0400

Times have changed. Josepi/Bengi.Eric/'mII' are "stuff" you do not know, stuff that will harm the environment you, I, and others, do enjoy as a place to swap BS and "chow down" on tips and clues for a hobby/discipline enjoyed.
There is a price to pay to keep things that way. I am the accountant - believe. And I am licenced "to carry'... and badged <G>
thanks for the space. george
On 7/20/2011 8:53 PM, George Watson wrote:

George, take no offense with this request, could you publish a Ausy dictionary so we can understand some of your terminology> :~)
On 7/21/2011 7:12 AM, Leon wrote:

What's the problem ... every word is English? :)
Having lived in Oz for a while, have no problem understanding him at all, but if you got him to shout you a few in a pub, you'd sound just like him. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

None taken at all Leon. I do question the use of "we" though. Is not that either "poor Engrish" (you do know what is "Engrish", right?) or a presumption of the consumption by others??
Try this perspective on for size, Leon. I am bringing the World to your desktop. How's that? You have heard of the Internet? Ok.. I explain briefly. It is that place outside of the USA Intranet. The thing Al Gore invented and sold to you guys. Y'all bought a lemon, by the way. But at least it gave you guys access to the Internet<G>
[seriously] Mate.. iff'n I had a buck for each "lingo lame" I have and do attract I could mount a takeover bid on Microsoft, no worries. Such trivia does not faze me one iota. An the fact that I explain this to *you* says you are on my "favorites list". Others are still wondering where their post went!         /lmao
I aint changing a thing, Leon I am what I am, just as many are here to me I deal with the "strange ones" as I will. I follow the rules of Usenet, I subscribe to the Usenet ethos and I promote "free speech", where I do post. More than that is up to the reader, not I. Some help? http://www.dogpile.com covers more Search Engines than Google and does not "hand feed" only American "stuff".
A quick scan of this site will tell you I am being very clear in *my* use of English.. for an Aussie poster:-> http://www.sunburntcountry.au.com/sayings/fulllist.html
All that said.. I have little to none trouble in figuring what you guys and the Kanucks are saying yet the reverse is always a problem for a great many from the Americas.. and not only with reading of Aussie "stuff", I would add.
cheers george

So put him in the bozo bin with josepi. I did that a couple weeks ago. Mike just joined him tonight after I saw the third reply to a known troll by him today. I'm happier and happier.
You, too, can learn to twit filter, _please_.
-- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing. -- Abraham Lincoln

/tap
ummmm,, Larry?
/tap
I say, Larry.. I do believe you are telling a porkie!.. no?
Post the filter string you are using in: ^^^^^X-Newsreader: Forte Agent 6.00/32.1186 trialware
.. for any poster.
Ok.. Ok.. make it "post any string you have any clue on". I will even accept old twisted Mary J strands (hemp) as suitable proof you have a clue what _any_ "string" represents, in real form. [pffffffft]

tip? When you are tempted to post a lie you cannot back up, don't.. m'kay <G>

Your way is to split the group into two. That happens first.
The next thing is to get the two groups "fired up".
That, when fully fed, by the likes of josepi/bengi/eric/'mII' results in a flame war not too many groups have survived. Ask josepi.. he knows that strategy well.
jes saying... I reckon you are a class dickhead, Larry. You going to build on that score? george

He might be using one of those programs that scrambles email addresses to prevent backtracking. Can't say how they work exactly, but there's several of them out there that do similar email address protection.

No.
I do not use "bots". Use those and one might quickly find themselves the subject of an EMP complaint. The fast way to Usenet death.. for a subscriber. george
George Watson wrote:

Man, you need to learn to write. And I hope everyone will just be themselves so I can provide due respect. It's challenging enough as it is. And what the hell is edjut?

You got any news I aint heard just yesterday?

You do have a search engine loaded? No? Well never mind. Use the URL to get yourself some education, Bud.
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?as_q jut&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num0&scoring=&lr=&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny 11&as_maxd=1&as_maxm=1&as_maxy 11&as_ugroup=&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&safe=off george

Water's practically free, concrete costs the same per bag whether you add it or not, so might as well spend the extra time and mix in the water and be sure it's done. Time spent not repairing your fence can be spent breaking other things.
Puckdropper