Deck plans

Does anyone know where I can check out a large rectangle shaped deck plan....Iam wanting to built my own(built my own fence,pond,etc...) and I can't find any plans anywhere Iam not wanting to copy a plan Iam just wanting to check out different lengths,etc......
Also try alt.home.repair

Have you considered a software program?
I've used Sierra's 3D Deck and like it a lot. It will allow you to choose whatever length & width you want (the max limits are far greater than anything I'd ever need). It will then design the footings, framing, etc and let you view everything as a skeleton or a fully fleshed out deck from any viewing angle. When you are happy with your design it will generate the materials list for you. It will also do complex (i.e. non rectangular) designs, multi level, stairs, and railings.
It's a bargain at $25. Google "sierra 3d deck" and you'll get a bunch of sellers.
Art

I used that program to design my deck, then took the plans to my local lumberyard who then redesigned it using their program. They claimed Sierra's system of laying out the deck tends to "overbuild" the superstructure, so they passed up the opportunity to sell me more lumber than I needed.
Joe

have you tried the HGTV site?
--
In golf, it's not the score that counts--it's the company!

Look around the counter at your local lumber yard. All treated lumber manufacturers have free deck and outdoor furniture plans.

http://doit101.com/Home%20Improvement/homeimprove.htm
--
http://absolutelyfreeplans.com

I have noticed a couple of books at Lowe's. They are in a rack near customer service around here.
Dave

Home Depot, Menard's. You can have your specs drawn up on their computers and print it out with a material list.
Gretchen wrote:

http://www.hotspring.com/SpaNotes/backyard_deck_landing.html
--
Mule-Tracks