deck fascia

Hi all,

I would like a suggestion for what type of wood to use as the final outer fascia around my new round deck. The radius of the deck is 6'. I will rip the boards to 7.5". The decking is trex (madiera). I was thinking redwood planks, soaked for a few hours. Would that work? It worked with the three layers of plywood which are underneath. Also, if I get 1x planks, will they do, or should I have the boards made thinner?

Thanks,

Tom

Reply to
Pykirk

What about Trex? The stuff is like spagetti

mike

Reply to
Mike

I bought the trex fascia and I don't like the look of it. I can handle it as a decking material, but not as the fascia.

Reply to
Pykirk

If your going to use wood, be careful of the grain. You want to make sure it doesn't 'cup' out at the top and bottom. DAMHIKT

Reply to
Erik

OK, I hear you. The 1x wood fascia isn't going to take a 6' radius without a fight. Yes, use thinner boards. One can also make a series of evenly spaced cross kerfs 1/3 of the way through the back of the board to make it easier to bend. Or you can buy 1/4 plywood soffit material with a rough cut cedar or fir outer ply that doesn't look bad and would be easy to bend.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Thanks Mike,

How about 3/8" cedar plywood? I'm going to a plywood store tomorrow - Saturday.

Tom

Reply to
Pykirk