deck fascia

Hi all,
I would like a suggestion for what type of wood to use as the final outer fascia around my new round deck. The radius of the deck is 6'. I will rip the boards to 7.5". The decking is trex (madiera). I was thinking redwood planks, soaked for a few hours. Would that work? It worked with the three layers of plywood which are underneath. Also, if I get 1x planks, will they do, or should I have the boards made thinner?
Thanks,
Tom
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Pykirk) wrote in message

What about Trex? The stuff is like spagetti
mike

I bought the trex fascia and I don't like the look of it. I can handle it as a decking material, but not as the fascia.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Pykirk) wrote in message

OK, I hear you. The 1x wood fascia isn't going to take a 6' radius without a fight. Yes, use thinner boards. One can also make a series of evenly spaced cross kerfs 1/3 of the way through the back of the board to make it easier to bend. Or you can buy 1/4 plywood soffit material with a rough cut cedar or fir outer ply that doesn't look bad and would be easy to bend.
Mike

Thanks Mike,
How about 3/8" cedar plywood? I'm going to a plywood store tomorrow - Saturday.
Tom
If your going to use wood, be careful of the grain. You want to make sure it doesn't 'cup' out at the top and bottom. DAMHIKT
--
Erik "Grumpa" Ahrens
Apprentice Termite