DECALS

For those of you who want to put a decal on your work.

Personally, I've found decals to be a bit fragile over time. If I'm going to put anything like that on my work I prefer a paper label. I draw, or copy and cut & paste, until I get a design near what I want, then pencil in changes, and finalize with ink, whiting out as wanted. Then I go to a copy machine, enlarge, or delarge, the design, as many copies as I want. If I'm planning on more later, I save the "master". Color if desired (or before and use a color copier), cut out, glue on. I use thinned glue, and soak the paper. Works very nicely indeed. That's what I use for any "extra" I want to put on. For info on who made the piece, I glue a business card inside, out of normal sight, with the date penned on.

JOAT To assume is to make an enemy of exactitude.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Theo, tell me, why come you only comes 'round when stryped is?

You stryped? *duck*

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Ah! You found the great Whizzerick!! All around great truck guy (Stovebolt.com ) and great bike guy (

He makes a lot of neat stuff. Has a small homemade foundry at home.

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

Fri, May 12, 2006, 5:36pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@eruditorum.org (Enoch=A0Root) Theo, tell me, why come you only comes 'round when stryped is? You stryped? *duck*

I have no idea what a stryped is. Some kind of vile social disease? Definitely not me. When I post I let you know it's me. I ain't no duck either. I have more better things to do than try to disguise my posts.

JOAT To assume is to make an enemy of exactitude.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Fri, May 12, 2006, 9:25pm snipped-for-privacy@concentric.net (Mark=A0and=A0Kim=A0Smith) doth exclaimeth: Ah! You found the great Whizzerick!! All around great truck guy (Stovebolt.com ) and great bike guy (

He makes a lot of neat stuff. Has a small homemade foundry at home.

Ah! Actually, no. Found the decal link somewhere else.

Ah, Whizzers. Kinda neat. I owned a Sportsman Whizzer once. Buddy of mine owned a regular type. And, I remeber when you could buy one, running, for $5. You better believe that was a lonnng time ago. Now they run in the hundreds, or thousands. I'd like to find a Cushman Eagle I can afford.