Decals

I am restoring some PO Boxes and need the decals for the little glass in the door. Any suggestion where I can locate. TIA Norvin
Any craft store can get them even if they don't stock them but if they don't have the style you want go to a sign shop and they can custom cut the numbers/letters from stock material. Pick a font and size and the CAD cutter (I don't know what else to call it) will cut them out. Robert Smith Norvin (remove SPAM) wrote:

in

FYI, it is probably a lasercam and can cut anything from the thin plastics for the signs to sheet metal to aerospace composite materials.
Walthers (the model railroading hobby supplier) sells decal stock that can be run through your inkjet printer.
http://www.walthers.com /
Product is shown on: http://www.walthers.com/exec/search?quick=blank+decal

____________________ Bill Waller New Eagle, PA
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Mon, May 23, 2005, 7:56pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net (Norvin(removeSPAM)) burbles: I am restoring some PO Boxes and need the decals for the little glass in the door. Any suggestion where I can locate.
Nah, I'm not back, but just finished check on the thread I started, and this was at the end of it.
Well, nothing's changed. Ask instead of trying to find it on your own, everyone's still doing it. Google. Try "decal making", "how to make decals", etc. Once used google to find a link on decal making, very simple, doesn't even need a printer.
JOAT Failure is ALWAYS an option. - JOAT
J T wrote:

Been there, done that, I was looking for a reasonable solution that I might have missed. I am sure that with all your expertise you would have done better than this answer, but then again........
Hi Norvin,
There are several sources for decal staock to run through your laser or ink jet printer. Easy to use and real good quality. The model rocket people use it all the time. I never had a problem with it and it's not to expensive. I always bought it from http://www.paper-paper.com/ but there are several other places as well.
Dan

dan cordes wrote:

This looks like it might work, now all I have to do is figure out how to do the shadow thing with the numbers.