Death by Nailgun!

Page 1 of 2
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Health/rt_nailgun_x-ray_090424_ssh.jpg
Australian police are still searching for clues in the death of 27-year-old Chen (Anthony) Liu, whom homicide squad detectives believe died from injuries sustained from a high-powered nail gun. In this police handout image made available April 24, 2009, the X-ray clearly shows 34 nails embedded in Chen's skull. Chen's decomposing body was discovered in Sydney's Georges River in November 2008.
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Health/rt_nailgun_x-ray_090424_ssh.jpg

Tragic story, funny reporting.
As you would expect, the reporter has to spice up the details. Every one knows about high-powered guns, but "High-powered" nail gun. Is there such a thing? Imagine if he has been stabbed with a high-powered STICK.
Leon wrote:

It looks to me like it was one of those "assault" nailguns.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

That's funny right there.
Robert Allison wrote:

outlaw nailguns and pretty soon only outlaws will have nailguns.....
David G. Nagel wrote:

Nailguns aren't the problem, only those who misuse them...
Could the perp be a carpenter named Brad?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Brad Nayler?

Hell outlawing "outlaws" does not work what makes any one think that outlawing guns would work.
Leon wrote:

Hell, ask any liberal, they will tell you that's the only way...
David G. Nagel wrote:

Kind of funny, this crime was in Australia, a country that went bonkers over gun confiscation (the real kind). Things were supposed to be all unicorns and rainbows now that those eeevil guns have been taken off the street, so howcum this crime happened?
Could it be because those bent on mayhem are going to commit it regardless of laws? Nah, that couldn't be, that would be too sensible a conclusion. It must be because nailguns *look* like guns (they have a trigger and are called "guns"). Thus the evil assault nailguns must be banned and more sensible, less sinister "nail inserters" must be developed and sold.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

They exist. They are called hammers. However they can develop a bad habit of killing people also. Some time ago in Lake County Indiana one hit an individual on the head 13 times. Coroner called it suicide...
David G. Nagel wrote:

I'd say that was one determined individual. (Or one evil hammer :-) )

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 09:57:07 -0500, "Leon"

I can't answer the "why" but seems like there are an awful lot of folks who do think that way.
With the concealed carry law in Kansas came the prohibition of same in certain locations, i.e. banks. All of which have on the door a picture of a handgun with a red slash informing all who enter that concealed carry is prohibited on the premises. As a result, the prospective bank robber is turned away at the door when he sees the sign and realizes that he/she cannot carry the weapon into the bank.
Yeah, right!!
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Oh suuure!! LOL. That reminds me of a routine that comedian Kelly Monteith did years ago. A jewelry store gets robbed and the store owner runs after the thief and yells: "STOP THIEF!!!" The thief, of course, hears this and stops?

such
I doubt that the crime was committed by someone familiar with woodworking. That many nails makes me think the person using it wasn't sure how many would be needed to assuredly kill the victim.
I bet it was Norm that did it. How many time have we heard him say "Just a few brads to hold it until the glue dries."
Then we hear bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam, bam!

That's the first skill I've mastered from Norm! I'm getting so good I don't even need glue! ;-)
Puckdropper
Upscale wrote:

Or he was one of those US interrogators who applied waterboarding to Khalid Sheik Mohammed 183 times in one month. Guess he didn't know how "effective" waterboarding is supposed to be, just like the nailgunner didn't know that one nail would be sufficient.

Maybe the news got it wrong and it was just a brad nailer. The perp probably used so many because he was 'waiting for the glue to dry'
--
Frank Stutzman

I always would shake it off when I woke up feeling like that and have a few more Rusty Nails, you know, a little hair of the dog....oh wait, those are REAL nails?
I call shenanigans. PhotoShop. The media lies. Etc. Etc.